Lead Electrical Engineer
Prepared the Electrical Design and Control System Specification in order to develop the original motion control concept into a working system.
Produced the over-arching electrical schematic and BOM.
- Beckhoff on their supply of the electrical cabinets, enclosures, wiring diagrams and network topology with due consideration for EMC compliance
- the supplier of the pneumatic system enclosure and components with regards to design, integration and safety
- the manufacturer of the control desk with regards to distributed I/O functionality and packaging to comply with TUV requirements
Worked with Dynisma personnel to:
- develop the structure and coding of the TwinSAFE safety PLC program
- electrically install the system at Winford and Italy (plus generation of the associated commissioning documentation)
- develop an HMI front-end for system control and diagnostics plus configuration of the HMI server
- develop the PLC program to interface with the motion generator, safety PLC, HMI and system hardware
- develop a concept for handling position feedback in order to achieve continuous motion control (yaw) of the disc without loss of commutation
- undertake initial position-control testing of all servo-driven axes plus collation of anti-cogging data
- manufacture bespoke 3D-printed hardware components together with electrical cabinet/enclosure modifications
- undertake on-site testing of safety functions and ensure compliance with safety requirement documents